The Java Assessment service addresses the scenario where your organisation aims to better understand the licensing implications of Oracle’s Java licensing changes, and pursues to identify risks and opportunities with regards to Oracle Java deployment.
An Oracle Java Assessment includes:
- Workshop to explain Java licensing changes imposed by Oracle
- Ambiguity workshop: Identification of defective licensing areas
- Review and analysis of pre-existing Java deployment information
- Collection of additional deployment information
- Analysis of Java deployment and licensing information
- Workshop discussing the data
- Quantifying a ‘worst case’ risk profile for your organization
- Guiding your team on how to reduce any compliance risks.
As an outcome of the project, clients are provided with a customized set of privileged documents that can be used – if needed – to engage with Oracle’s Java Sales or Audit teams in order to establish leverage for such discussions.
In addition, recommendations are made to improve the environment by reducing or eliminating any financial and compliance exposure.